New Member Special Offer
Sample pages church.pdf
|SCCGS wants your research to be successful, and to help accomplish this, new members may purchase St. Clair County, Illinois, Research and Resources: A Genealogist's Guide (125 pages) for only $7.50 (a $10.00 savings). Republication in progress (6/2015) but do order when joining to get the special price.
Print, or, fill-in online and print, then mail this
The Research Guide offer expires 30 days after application is postmarked.
Here is a free pedigree chart (scroll down to Record of Ancestry). Mail it with your application for our files at the library (optional).
Members' Surnames of Interest appear on Let's Collaborate!.
Posted surnames are an SCCGS Member benefit.
In addtion to the wonderful databases currently on this, the Society's publically accessible website, . . .
The Members' Website features exclusive content, for starters:
SCCGS members have remote access to digital images of the Belleville-News Democrat 1901-1952. More years are added annually. Apply now and be sure to renew each October for uninterrupted access.
- Early Family Files -- compiled data on 125 St. Clair County families with roots principally along the eastern seaboard, Kentucky, and Tennessee before 1850.
- SCCGS Newsletter. Beats the Post Office every time!
- St. Peter's Catholic Church 1859-1909 burials (Belleville)
- Bible records
- Deaths recorded at the courthouse 1877-1899 (updated periodically)
- Declarations and naturalizations filed in County Court 1864-1906
- Daily Advocate news abstracts 1926 ( other than vital stats)
- 400 family-focused obituaries of St. Clair countians with free digital image
- 1890 business and personal tidbits
- 1941 Farm Families Competition
- St. Clair history and biography indexes
- Classroom " Learn" section supplements the St Clair Research and Resources: A Genealogist's Guide
- Account page to manage your membership, mailings, submit queries and add surnames
- More planned to help break down those brick walls
All content on the Society website is Board approved.
* * * * * * * *