Logo: St. Clair County Courthouse
completed in 1861
St. Clair County Genealogical Society (SCCGS)
Helping genealogists discover their Illinois roots since 1977.
Click here to print or fill in, then print the application.
Allow up to 8 weeks to complete the application process.
Here is a free pedigree chart (scroll down to Record of Ancestry). Mail it with your application for our files at the library (optional).
- Ten issues of the SCCGS Newsletter, 8 pages each, and our Quarterly approx 60 pages each.
- Reduced price for St Clair Research and Resources: A Genealogist's Guide read about it
- Surnames of Interest appear on Let's Collaborate, SCCGS facilitates contact.
- Early Family Files -- online access. Compiled data on 125 St. Clair County families with roots principally along the eastern seaboard, Kentucky, and Tennessee before 1850.
- The Members' Website features exclusive content, for example:
- Digital Newsletter, and Quarterly. Beats the Post Office every time!
SCCGS members have remote access to digital images of the Belleville-News Democrat 1901-1952. More years are added annually as funds become available. Renew membership early (more information.) to ensure uninterrupted access in the coming year.
- St. Peter's Catholic Church 1859-1909 burials (Belleville)
- Bible records
- Deaths recorded at the courthouse 1877-1899 (updated periodically)
- Declarations and naturalizations filed in County Court 1864-1906
- Daily Advocate news abstracts 1926 ( other than vital stats here)
- 400 family-focused obituaries of St. Clair countians with free digital image
- 1890 business and personal tidbits
- 1941 Farm Families Competition
- More St. Clair history and biography indexes
- Classroom " Learn" section supplements the St Clair Research and Resources: A Genealogist's Guide
- Account page to manage your membership, mailings, submit queries and add surnames
- More planned to help break down those brick walls
All content on the Society website is Board approved.
* * * * * * * *