Logo: St. Clair County Courthouse
completed in 1861
St. Clair County Genealogical Society (SCCGS)
Helping genealogists discover their Illinois roots since 1977.
Click here to print or fill in, then print the SCCGS application form.
Here is a free pedigree chart (scroll down to Record of Ancestry). Mail it with your application for our files at the library (optional).
In addition to the wonderful databases currently on this, the Society's public website, . . .
The Members' Website features exclusive content, for starters:
SCCGS members have remote access to digital images of the Belleville-News Democrat 1901-1952. More years are added annually. A reminder to genealogists who are renewing their application. Apply each October to ensure uninterrupted access in the coming year.
- Early Family Files -- compiled data on 125 St. Clair County families with roots principally along the eastern seaboard, Kentucky, and Tennessee before 1850.
- SCCGS Newsletter. Beats the Post Office every time!
- St. Peter's Catholic Church 1859-1909 burials (Belleville)
- Bible records
- Deaths recorded at the courthouse 1877-1899 (updated periodically)
- Declarations and naturalizations filed in County Court 1864-1906
- Daily Advocate news abstracts 1926 ( other than vital stats)
- 400 family-focused obituaries of St. Clair countians with free digital image
- 1890 business and personal tidbits
- 1941 Farm Families Competition
- St. Clair history and biography indexes
- Classroom " Learn" section supplements the St Clair Research and Resources: A Genealogist's Guide
- Account page to manage your membership, mailings, submit queries and add surnames
- More planned to help break down those brick walls
All content on the Society website is Board approved.
* * * * * * * *