Publications Baptist (Bethel, Oak Hill, and Unity. On CD). Holy Ghost UCC. Methodist, Belleville. St. John UCC, Mascoutah. St. Paul’s UCC, Belleville. St. Paul’s UCC, Floraville. St. Peter’s Catholic Census 1890s, Belleville (book). also St. Peter's Catholic Deaths (CD). Trinity Lutheran, Millstadt, and Holy Cross Lutheran Sugar Loaf Township. Trinity UCC, Fayetteville. Zion UCC, Millstadt and Salem Evangelical, Sugar Loaf Township. Zion Lutheran, Belleville. WHILE SUPPLY LASTS.
Histories of Belleville's Methodist churches and surname index to Methodist registers 1840 - 1998
- Bethel Baptist Church Minutes Index 1809 - 1909 Gives a complete index to names in this SCCGS publication.
- St. Liborius Catholic Registers Baptisms 1839-1906, Marriages 1839-1931, and Deaths 1835-1956. Posted 29 July 2011
Catholic parish registers 1722 - 1930: a guide to microfilm. A Society project completed in 2002. Access Digital Images
St. John United Church of Christ Smithton
Mu - N,O |
Wi – Z
- Baptism Index 18691986 (the baptized, parents and sponsors)
Cemetery and Tombstone
Deaths, Obituaries, and Life Events in Newspapers
- Proofs of Death, c1870 - 1880
- Funeral card collection Updated periodically.
- Belleville (Ill.) Daily Advocate Vital statistic extracts 1927 - 1954.
- Belleville News Democrat Obituary Indexes
1994–2001: A-B |
2002 , 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006,
2007 (Large files).
2008 - forward available at the Belleville Public Library (off site).
Freeburg Tribune Obituary Index 1904-1939.
Also available for purchase while supply lasts.
Freeburg Tribune Obituary Index 1999 - 2010 | 2011 to present Posted 13 March 2013
Lebanon Advertiser Every-name index 1917, 1918, 1919, 1920, and 1921
Millstadt Enterprise obituary index 1897–1949 (large file).
O'Fallon : Schwarz funeral home records 1902 - 11 April 1910.
Court Cases, Naturalizations
- The Circuit Court index 1819-1840 provides a means of discovering suits brought by or against your ancestor during the first years after statehood. Definitions and some actual case file transcriptions are presented.
- Cases before the Supreme Court of Illinois in Illinois Reports 1819 - 1831 (offsite). The Supreme Court heard cases appealed from the Circuit Court level.
- Naturalization and declaration papers Which documents survive, where these are located, and research hints to determine the year of naturalization. See the first portion of the Index to Circuit Court after 1906, just one of three courts within the county's boundaries which granted naturalizations after 1906. .
1870 Agricultural Schedule online includes names, acreage of improved and wooded lands, and dollar value of the farm and machinery. Best searched by reading a township since names are frequently misspelled.
- Census Finding aids, historical reading material, online images, books, and free forms to print.
Offsite Searches Courtesy of
the Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) and (Illinois State Archives) . Opens in new window
Families Our Members are Researching
The Society Quarterly
- Quarterly surname index online search for surnames published in volumes 1-35, 1978-2012. A must do search! Use the search box at the bottom of this home page, or browse at the link provided. Here's a sampling of what is already published.:
censuses||Death register extracts 1877 - 1898|
|1880 U.S. Census extracts||Marriage indexes 1906 - 1923|
|1900 St. Agnes orphans asylum||Military census 1862|
|Guardianship records 1829-1859||Military discharges A - R|
|Probate index 1770s - 1964||See Quarterly Table of Contents for a|
complete list of articles published since 1977.
SCCGS Special Publications and Acquisitions
- Civil War soldier descendant project An index to men who served from St. Clair County, and men of the 22nd and 43rd Regiments.
- An 1876 History by Edward Wm. West, complete on this web site.
- Precinct (now township) histories, 1881
- County map circa 1881. Shows boundaries of precincts which preceded the township form of government. Very large file, be patient.
boundaries - Off site St. Clair County was the first county carved out of the
Northwest Territory in 1790. This site also links you to other historical maps
- East St. Louis business and building photograph index (circa 1909)
- Queries - Members and non-members may publish their Query in the SCCGS Newsletter and Quarterly.
- Soldiers' Memorial, Jones Park, East St. Louis. World War I soldiers.
- Useful addresses for St.
Clair County records at IRAD, the ISA, the courthouse, and libraries; publish queries online; contact other societies, further your genealogical education.
About SCCGS - Purpose, monthly lecture schedule, inclement weather policy.
Membership - How to join SCCGS - Membership Application and Code of Ethics
Type a surname (family name), or a subject (railroad) in the box.
Only exact matches are returned, boolean are supported. Words in quotes return exact matches "Smith John" and "John Smith" return very different results. Read Search Tips and use Advance Search to limit results.
The Result page provides links to SCCGS web pages that match
your query word or string.
Use the mouse right click option and select open in new tab to keep the Results page handy while browsing the links. Or, simply browse each database
To return to SCCGS, click the SCCGS Home hotlink on the Results Page, use the
browser Back button, or simply Bookmark our home page before you leave! We hope
this feature makes your search easier.
Banners will appear on the Results Page as a
reciprocal courtesy to use the site index. Please notify
SCCGS if you have any problems or objections to the banners displayed. We will
remove the site index rather than offend anyone!
This database is
not included in the
search to the left.
Vital Statistics Extracted From the Belleville (Ill.) Daily Advocate 1927 - 1954